Employers – OhioMeansJobs Services Available
All businesses located in Geauga, Ashtabula or Portage counties are customers of the NOC COG – Area 19 Workforce Development Program. Businesses, whether they employ one or two thousand people, can find services through our staff at the OhioMeansJobs Centers.
Our staff wants to provide employers with efficient and effective resources to help business succeed and become more competitive in the global marketplace.
Here are just a few ways we can service employers:
- Assistance with finding qualified applicants.
- Market your current job openings.
- Provide private rooms for interviewing candidates.
- Resources for staff development and employee skills’ assessment.
- Assistance when dealing with layoffs and/or closures.
- Access to labor market information and local economic trends.
- Resources for employing people with disabilities.
- Access to economic development tools, resources such as business incentive programs
- Information about tax credits offered by local or state governments.
Services are Free of Charge
All services provided to area businesses are free of charge. Our program is supported by the Department of Labor, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Boards of County Commissioners. Therefore, we can offer a wealth of free services to your business. However, in some cases, there may be a cost sharing for individual training and other customized services. Call or email us for more information.
Our goal is to help your business become as efficient and productive as possible with the development and training of your employees. We want your business to become as successful as possible so that it can compete in the marketplace, whether it is in the local economy or worldwide.
The OhioMeasnJobs Center staff is prepared to assist you. We can help you hire new employees, develop strategies to retain your staff and help prepare your employees in the unfortunate time when a layoff or termination is necessary.
To create an environment that is inviting, warm, and friendly, that encourages people to pursue the facility and all or its offerings.
OhioMeansJobs Center Locations
The current workforce development system includes access to three OhioMeansJobs Center Locations:
OhioMeansJobs – Ashtabula County
2247 Lake Avenue
Ashtabula, Ohio 44004
OhioMeansJobs – Geauga County
12480 Ravenwood Drive
Chardon, Ohio 44024
OhioMeansJobs – Portage County
253 South Chestnut Street
Ravenna, Ohio 44266